Sales, Full-time, North America
At Linear, we are on a mission to bring magic back to software. To empower product teams to do their best work, we are building an issue tracking and project management tool that combines UI elegance with world-class performance. Founded in 2019, Linear has become the platform of choice for thousands of high-impact companies to build their products better.
Linear was set up as a fully remote company from the start. Today, our small but mighty team is distributed across North America and Europe. What unites us is relentless focus, fast execution, and our passion for software craftsmanship. We are all makers at heart and care deeply about the quality of our work.
Over the past few years, Linear has experienced incredible organic growth and has become an instrumental tool for many of the world’s best product teams. We are now layering a product-led sales motion on top of our existing self-serve business to further accelerate our ambitions and bring the magic of Linear to even more and larger companies. As Linear’s first Account Executive, you’ll play an instrumental role in defining our sales motion, contribute to the future of our product, and help high-impact companies build better software.
Please note: We are an equal opportunity employer and remote-only company. At this time, we can only support hiring within the US for this role.
- Become a product expert and help customers use Linear effectively; assist prospects through the trial and evaluation phase
- Generate a strong pipeline and exceed quarterly targets
- Build relationships with key stakeholders within accounts
- Be the voice of the customer; advocate for customers by surfacing product or adoption blockers to our product team
- Help build the foundation and define our sales process
- 3+ years in a quota-carrying sales role
- Experience selling to a technical audience; bonus if you have previous experience working with a collaboration or developer tool
- SaaS and startup experience; comfortable working and adapting in a fast-paced and flexible environment
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, and product demonstration skills
- Interesting and challenging work
- Work-life balance
- Competitive salary and equity
- Employee-friendly equity terms (early exercise, extended exercise)
- Paid lunch and coffee during workdays
- Work remotely, no commuting to the office
- Paid co-working space/desk at an office
- Health, dental, and vision insurance (US)
- Regular team events and offsites
- 5 weeks of paid vacation
- 4 months of paid parental leave
- A story about our mission: Read Me
- Scatter Brain chat with our CEO, Karri Saarinen: A better way to build Software