Issue descriptions and comments support full Markdown.
We support most Markdown elements in our text editor. Type in Markdown or paste it directly and it will be converted into rich text automatically.
Read more about Markdown and access full capabilities here.
You can also apply styling with a toolbar, which will pop up after you highlight a word or phrase or using slash commands when typing /.
See below for keyboard shortcuts or search specific ones with ?
These styles can be applied using keyboard shortcuts or by highlighting text to bring up a styling toolbar. You can also hit / on your keyboard to bring up the formatting options:
**text**or Cmd/Ctrl B for bold text
_text_or Cmd/Ctrl I or Cmd/Ctrl > for italicized text
~text~or Cmd/Ctrl D to strikethrough text
- *, -, or then space or Cmd/Ctrl Shift 8 for a bulleted list
1.or Cmd/Ctrl Shift 9 for a numbered list
-  or Cmd/Ctrl Shift 7 for a checklist
- > then
- Cmd/Ctrl K Turn text into link (or directly paste issue or URLs for clickable links)
- # then Space Heading 1
- ## then Space Heading 2
- ### then Space Heading 3
- Cmd/Ctrl U for underlined text
- Cmd/Ctrl Shift C for inline code
Codeor Cmd/Ctrl Shift \\ for a code block
- ___ then space for a horizontal divider
We do not offer support for Markdown tables and do not recommend pasting tables in directly.
Use Cmd A to select all content if you need to delete an improperly formatted table.
- Cmd/Ctrl A to select all content in an issue (to copy or delete)
- Cmd/Ctrl Z to undo typing
- Cmd/Ctrl Shift Z to redo typing
- Cmd Shift A to attach an image or file
- Copy the issue description in Markdown by opening the command menu (Cmd/Ctrl K) when viewing the issue and selecting the command
copy issue in markdown
- Shift Enter to generate a line break
Add emojis to descriptions or comments with our native emoji picker or by typing
: followed by the emoji name, such as
:100: for 💯 and
:+1: for 👍 .
@text to mention a user, issue, project or document in a description or comment. For users, this will send a notification to their Inbox and subscribe them to the issue. We only support single user mentions at the moment, not user groups.
Pasting the issue issue ID will also link it in the editor. Referenced issues are added as related issues automatically.