At Linear, we are on a mission to create a new standard for modern software development. We are building the tools that empower the next generation of high-impact companies to do their best work. Linear is designed based on the practices and processes that distinguish world-class product teams from the rest: relentless focus, fast execution, and a commitment to the quality of craft.
Founded in 2019, Linear has become the default tool of choice for high-performance teams to build their products. Set up as a fully remote company from the start, our team is currently distributed across a variety of countries across the US, Latin America and Europe (we hire within US/EU timezones). We are a diverse team of individuals, all makers at heart. We love picking up new challenges and care deeply about the quality of our work.
We're looking for a product manager to join the team to help us tell Linear’s product story and understand user needs.
In this role, you'll put on many hats, especially that of researcher, analyst, and marketer. We have a very low PM::Engineering ratio, so your main job is to enable the team to build highly differentiated products and features.
- 4-10 years experience in the software industry
- Previous experience in product management, product marketing, and/or engineering leadership roles
- Exceptional product and operational judgment
- Strong root-cause and systems thinking
- Perform up-front discovery through user interviews, competitive research, data analysis, etc. and present findings to the team with conviction and rigor
- Help engineers and designers deeply understand user needs, empowering them to make great product decisions
- Craft messaging around upcoming features that resonates with users
- Enable sales and marketing teams to effectively communicate with and win with customers
- User empathy
- Eye for good design
- Interesting and challenging work
- Work life balance
- Competitive salary and equity
- Employee-friendly equity terms (early exercise, extended exercise)
- Paid lunch and coffee during work days
- Work remotely, no commuting to the office
- Paid co-working space/desk at an office
- Regular team events and offsites
- 5 weeks paid vacation
- 4 months paid parental leave